Do you want to live a happy life? If you say yes like most people do, then it’s important to learn to enjoy life. Some people may think that they can only enjoy life when they already have a lot of money or have a successful career. But that’s not true. You can enjoy your life where you are with what you already have. You can enjoy your life now.
Here I will share with you how to enjoy life. But before that, I’d like to share two tips that are essential to live a happy life. The first one is to be grateful. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is. No matter how many pleasant things you do, if you don’t learn to be grateful you will always see things negatively.
The second one is to slow down. Life has a lot of simple things you can enjoy. But if you move too fast you will overlook most of them. So don’t be in a hurry. Don’t move too quick. Slow down and pay attention to the world around you. Most of the ways I’m about to share will work well only if you slow down.
With those two tips in mind, here are 30 ways to enjoy life. Pick the ones that work for you.
- Enjoy your meal. Don’t just eat. Taste it and appreciate its richness.
- Learn to cook.
- Feel music and not just listen to it.
- Play music. More than just listening, playing music allows you to express yourself.
- Gather with old friends.
- Take a walk in the park.
- Go hiking.
- Read a novel.
- Find and watch a movie you like. IMDB‘s recommendation engine can help you find movies you may like.
- Give yourself a lazy day.
- Play board games with your friends.
- Have a candle-light dinner with your spouse.
- Play mini games.
- Read comics.
- See beautiful pictures.
- Read inspiring quotes.
- Learn to paint.
- Read a classic book.
- Exercise with friends.
- Watch funny videos.
- Play with kids.
- Play a mind game.
- Have a cup of coffee.
- Get a massage.
- Go to a museum.
- Go to a theater.
- Watch sunrise.
- Take pictures.
- Browse your photo album for your treasured memories.
I’m sure there are still a lot of other ways to enjoy life. What is your favorite way to enjoy life?