Note: This post is written by Alicia Honeycutt
Stress. A word often used and a feeling that everyone can relate to.
Stress is a state of discomfort, a very intuitive reaction to anxiety; before you know it, it’s written all over your face, oozing from and stiffening your body even as you attempt to hide it and remain nonchalant.
The causes and triggers of stress are varied and you never really know when a situation turns stressful. Stress is directly related to pressure, deadlines and achievements. If you fall short of achieving something, you begin to feel the pressure, force yourself to work harder and cause yourself mental stress, simply because you couldn’t meet a deadline.
Stress may also be caused by living conditions that affect a person’s physical and mental well-being.
There’s no denying that life has its share of ups and downs. What helps us develop and grow stronger are the ways in which we adapt to circumstances present before us. Those who are mentally and emotionally strong, find it easier to cope with stressful people, activities and situations.
If you want to know how to deal with stress and remain calm in any situation, then here are some tried and tested methods to do just that:
- Prioritize – The most immediate way to deal with stress is to set clear priorities. Make yourself a to-do-list and go about achieving them daily, one at a time.
- Breathe – Every time you find yourself in a tricky situation, take a few moments to inhale deep breaths to get yourself back to the present moment. You can gain much more clarity by taking a few seconds to assess the situation and strategize how you want to deal with it.
- Go Out for a Stroll – Sometimes all you need is a quick short break to get you in the right frame of mind. Step out, get some fresh air, and some new perspective. Or think about something else for a few seconds and then come back with a clearer mind. Walks help release positive energy and get one’s creative juices flowing.
- Listen to Soothing Music – Music is a language that everyone can relate to and also serves as a wonderful stress buster. Make sure to choose happy, upbeat, and positive music. Just one song can have a wonderful impact on your mental well-being.
- Talk to a Close Confidante – Psychologists always encourage people to talk about their feelings. Keeping your feelings pent up could lead to internal rage building up within you. Talking through your problems, helps you find ways to deal with it.
- Make a List of Unique Qualities You Possess – Always look within to see what qualities you possess that makes you the best person to deal with a stressful situation. Perhaps you possess certain skills that lack in others, this gives you an added advantage.
- Writing Helps – Whether in a personal journal, or even on a blank sheet, writing helps bring out your exact feelings and thoughts, and with it, possible solutions.
- Yoga & Meditation – Yoga and meditation helps you relax and unwind, loosen the tightened muscles in your body and achieve a calmer state of being. Regular practice helps pave the way to a stress-free life.
- Spend Time with Animals – Animals are natural stress busters and can help you feel less anxious with their unconditional love and affection. Spending time with them automatically uplifts one’s mood.
- Plants or Outdoors – Nurturing something, even a small potted plant or simply spending time in nature is a great stress relief. Research has proved that gardening is a great stress buster, so get digging!
Alicia Honeycutt is a beginning writer at http://www.essaydot.com/. You can connect her on https://www.facebook.com/alicia.honeycutt.31
One of the best way to deal with stress is to do the workout, that’s really beneficial so are these tips.
Comments are closed.