Read a Book in 15 Minutes
Try it for free. Use the special code Lifeoptimizer for a 30% discount.
Sometimes situations do not go as expected. A good day may turn bad, everything may suddenly go wrong. Needless to say, it’s difficult to stay calm in such situations. We tend to become confused, panic or even heated by anger. That won’t help you much to get out of the situation though. Handling a bad situation in such condition will just make it worse; you are more likely to make mistakes. That’s why it’s important to stay calm. By staying calm, you will be able to judge the situation wisely and take the appropriate actions.
But how do you stay calm when the situation goes bad? How do you calm your nerves while the world around you is falling down? I believe there are some simple things you can do. Here are 26 tips ; pick the ones that work for you:
- Take a deep breath.
- Do nothing for 5 minutes.
- Take a nap.
- Take a shower.
- Listen to comforting music.
- Listen to natural sounds.
- Play music.
- Share to a positive friend.
- Ask “What’s the next action?” and focus on only that one thing.
- Go to nature (mountain, beach, etc.).
- Ride a bike.
- Talk about other topics.
- Drink a bottle of water.
- Play games (just for a while!).
- Go eat with someone who is not part of the situation.
- Read spiritual texts.
- Listen to spiritual audio programs.
- Unplug the Internet.
- Take a cup of coffee.
- Say to yourself, “This situation is not as bad as it looks. Many people have handled situations worse than this successfully.”
- Be grateful for what you still have (instead of looking at what you don’t have).
- Be grateful for what you can learn from the situation.
- Take a walk around a park.
If you liked this post, please give it a thumb up in StumbleUpon. Thanks!