I’m thinking of setting monthly theme here on Life Optimizer. There are three reasons for this:
1. I want to give you deeper coverage of certain topic so that you can better focus on optimizing that aspect of your life.
2. Personally I also want to focus my life optimization effort on certain aspect of my life. I believe it will give me better results than just trying to optimize my life in general. One month is a long enough period to get results from focused effort.
3. I’d like to have higher-quality discussions here that will enrich everyone. Since there is theme continuity during the month, everyone will have the chance to dig deeper into the topic so that there can be more lively discussions.
Of course, it means that I will write articles with that theme during the month. But don’t worry if the theme is not interesting to you: I will still write general articles. I’m not sure about the proportion between themed and general articles since this is something new for me. But one thing for sure, I want to accommodate both the people who are interested and not interested to the monthly theme.
May 2008 will be the first month with monthly theme on Life Optimizer and the theme will be mind. It will cover topics such as:
- Understanding how brain works
- Increasing our brain fitness
- Increasing our mind performance
- Learning from the bright minds’ in history
I’m not saying that I’m an expert in this area. To the contrary, having a monthly theme is actually a way for me to push myself to learn more about the topic. I will share what I learn with you and I believe I will also learn a lot from you.
What do you think?